The 17th Jeonju International Film Festival is due to take place from April 28th ~ May 7th.
Now in its 17th edition, the city has become synonymous not only for the best bibimbap in Korea and delightful hanok village, but as the launchpad of Korean independent cinema.
Several K-films that debuted last year at JIFF have gone on to great success on both the festival and commercials circuits, notably Korean Film Competition Grand Prize winner Alice in Earnestland.
2016 is sure to feature further break-out productions from the industry, and while information is still currently thin on the ground JIFF recently unveiled the K-film titles in both the Korean Film Competition and Korean Short Film Competition.
Please see below for the films to be screened alongside select stills. For further information, please follow the link at the end of the article.
Korean Film Competition
1. No Preparation for Old Age (노후 대책 없다) – Director Lee Dong-woo (이동우) | 101min
2. Delta Boys (델타 보이즈) – Director Go Bong-su (고봉수) | 126min
3. B Mrs.B. A North Korean Woman (마담) – Director Yoon Jae-jo (윤재호) | 72min
4. Breathing Underwater (물숨) – Director Go Hee-yeong (고희영) | 91min
5. Our Love Story (연애담) – Director Lee Hyeon-ju (이현주) | 99min
6. With or Without You (우리 연애의 이력) – Director Jo Seong-eun (조성은) | 99min
7. A Field Day (운동회) – Director Kim Jin-tae (김진태) | 75min
8. Worst Woman (최악의 여자) – Director Kim Jong-gwan (김종관) | 94min
9. Curtain Call (커튼콜) – Director Ryu Hoon (류훈) | 100min
10. Press (프레스) – Director Choi Jeong-min (최정민) | 95min
Korean Short Film Competition
1) Knocking on the Door of Your Heart (가슴의 문을 두드려도) – Director Choi Yoon-tae (최윤태) | 28min
2) May Okay (날 좋은 날) – Director Jeong Tae-wan (정태완) | 10min
3) Joke (농담) – Director Jeong Ji-yeong (정지영) | 12min
4) Zoo (동물원) – Director Kim Sae-hyeon (김세현) | 21min
5) The Game of All (모두의 게임) – Director Jo Ye-seul (조예슬) | 10min
6) Body and Soul (몸과 마음) – Director Jang Eun-ju (장은주) | 11min
7) Soar (비상) – Director Hong Sang-yu (홍상유) | 10min
8) Alone in the Rain (빗속을 혼자서) – Director Kim Ga-ryeong (김가령) | 18min
9) Deer Flower (사슴꽃) – Director Kim Gang-min (김강민) | 8min
10) Silent Boy (사일런트 보이) – Director Bak Geun-yeong (박근영) | 29min
11) Cyclical Night (순환하는 밤) – Director Baek Jong-gwan (백종관) | 15min
12) See You Tomorrow (씨유투머로우) – Byeon Seung-min (변승민) | 22min
13) Before I Grow Up (어른이 되기 전에) – Director Lee Joon-seub (이준섭) | 25min
14) Summer Night (여름밤) – Director Lee Ji-won (이지원) | 25min
15) The Astronauts (우주비행사들) – Director Son Gyeong-soo (손경수) | 14min
16) A Landscape between Past and Future (적막의 경관) – Director Oh Min-wook (오민욱) | 20min
17) Breathless (질식) – Director Bak Joon-seok (박준석) | 14min
18) A Tent (천막) – Director Lee Ran-hee (이란희) | 30min
19) Fly (플라이) – Director Im Yeon-jeong (임연정) | 28min
20) Hamster (햄스터) – Director Kim Sae-in (김세인) | 29min
21) The Woman Who was Planted in a Pot (화분에 심어진 여자) – Director Lee Jeong-woo (이정우) | 18min
For more information, please follow the link here.